Thursday, September 07, 2006

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

On September 19, 1982, I played Tommy Lee Huttner on the pilot of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with the likes of McGuyver, the hairy guy from 30 Something, and Lil' River Phoenix. I played in a fiddle contest against one of the brothers. So I had only seen this once when it first showed and this was pre VCR for me and my family. I was curious about the possibility of getting a copy of this rare piece of historical footage, so I started looking on the internet. I finally found a guy in Georgia who found a complete set of the only season that someone had taped, labeled, then gave away to the Salvation Army! This guy tried to sell the whole set for $89 Buy it Now on ebay, but it didn't sell, so I emailed him asking if he'd sell me the pilot for $10. He said yes, then put it up and sent me the link. When I went to buy it, it had already sold! I emailed him telling him the story of how I was the kid playing the fiddle at the end of the episode and asking him if he'd copy it before sending it to the buyer, and he said he'd do it, and he sent it to me for free! I will try to figure out how to put it on You Tube and put it here on this blog. It is 2 of my 15 minutes of fame.

No comments: